The CATCH and LIFT rescue system offers significant advantages for « men overboard » and their crew. Greater security for all concerned!
The working principle of CATCH and LIFT is ingeniously simple.
It is based on physical principles and requires a minimum of components, which makes CATCH and LIFT a hassle-free and user-friendly rescue system.
Based on this proven principle, MS SAFETY GmbH develops, tests and manufactures other devices for rescue teams and the military.
- Our rescue system combines two stages of rescue in one:
- Firstly, it connects to the person gone overboard (heaving line)
- Secondly, the person is lifted back on board (automatically without muscle effort)
- Fast rescue: A person can be brought nearer and lifted back aboard in < 3 minutes
- Easy to use even in difficult weather conditions and under stress
- Muscular strength is not required either by the person on the ship, or by the person in the water
- Rescue manoeuvres are operated from the rudder – guaranteeing self-protection for the person/ people on-board
- The person in the water keeps a safe distance from the ship – no risk of running the person over or hurting him/her
- Full control at all times: the rescue procedure can be started and stopped, accelerated and slowed down
- Ready to use – no rearrangements on the ship or on the sails, no time wasted
- Ship remains under control during rescue procedures and is fully manoeuvrable
- Manoeuvring requires no specific qualifications
- The lifesaving equipment is brought to the person involved in an accident, not vice versa
- The rescue of unconscious people is possible
- It can be operated by a single person
- Especially suitable in poor visibility conditions, in the event of severe wind and heavy waves
- Rescue training leads to more confident performance, increasing chances of success
- Works independently – without connection to the power grid, winches, main or jib halyard, etc.
- Several hooking points for the pulley (boom, shrouds)
- Two fastening options for the person in the water: a snap hook and a rescue sling
- Extremely hassle-free
- The case is waterproof and robust
- Very compact, lightweight (4.9 kg)
- Suitable for airline travel (charter crews)
- Maintenance services from the manufacturer
- A whistle is attached to the rescue sling