The CATCH and LIFT rescue system offers significant advantages for « men overboard » and their crew.
CATCH and LIFT is easy to use in stressful situations and under difficult weather conditions even by an inexperienced crew member.
- No muscle power is required for Man Overboard Rescue as it operates from the rudder.
- No dangerous approach manoeuvres, no risky physical handling on the ship’s side
- No time wasted on modifications on sailing ship or on re-hooking the MoB.
The case includes every necessity for the rescue of the person gone overboard.
CATCH and LIFT
- Fast rescue: MOB can be back aboard in < 3 minutes
- Easy to use even in difficult weather conditions and under stress
- Muscular strength is not required by the person on the ship or person in the water
- Rescue manoeuvres are operated from the rudder – guaranteeing self-protection for the person/ people on-board
- MOB keeps a safe distance from the ship – no risk of running the person over or hurting him/her
- Full control at all times: the rescue procedure can be started and stopped, accelerated and slowed down
- Ready to use – no rearrangements on the ship or on the sails, no time wasted
- Ship remains under control during rescue procedures and is fully manoeuvrable
- Manoeuvring requires no specific qualifications
- The lifesaving equipment is brought to the person involved in an accident, not vice versa
- The rescue of unconscious people is possible
- It can be operated by a single person
- Especially suitable in poor visibility conditions, in the event of severe wind and heavy waves
- Rescue training leads to more confident performance, increasing chances of success
- Maximum lifting capacity: 200 kg (the person / persons gone overboard)
- Break load of the entire system: 600 daN
- 27 mm gate clearance of the snap hook (on the pulley and rescue loop)
- Total weight incl. case: 4.9 kg
- Case dimensions: 364 x 295 x 169 mm
- Service life of 12 years where the 2-year maintenance intervals are upheld
Requirements for the sailing yacht
- Minimum break load of the « topping lift »: 600 daN
- Minimum traction capacity of the sailing yacht: 200 kg
- The hooking point of the pulley should be approx. 1.8 metres above deck
- Maximum freeboard height: 3 metres